Pages

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Child Labor


Bubba loves to "help". And since I would love him to be a well rounded man someday, I usually let him. Well that and the fact that if I don't let him "help" he gets this sad slump shouldered thing going on and slowly walks back to his room where he proceeds to shed crocodile tears until the cows come home. This kid can stay in character better than Nic Cage, but that's another story. Anywho, we let him "help" with the bathroom remodel. 
It's his bathroom after all. 



   It's no wonder that one of his favorite pretend games is "building a house". The good thing about it is that he's usually bored within 10 minutes. The bad thing is that he's usually bored within 10 minutes. That means that if Ry and I aren't here to tag team, there's a work stoppage like the building department came in and shut us down. When he's done, he's DONE. And when he wants to do something else, you'd better dag'on well do it or there will be heck to pay. I suppose this is the way to raise a son who knows how to do everything but is so bossy that he has no friends.

Hmmm, maybe I'll rethink my whole theory on raising a renaissance man. Cuteness only takes a person so far in life.

When I laid the tiles he was jumping up and down on my back practicing his pro wrestling moves, so I was a bit distracted. At one point I thought "oh, if I space the tiles this far apart we'll have less to cut". So I did and the result was that the tiles are just a bit oddly spaced. Perfectly even because that is one of my talents, what we call "eyeballing". But still just a little too far apart. Oh well, live and learn. And spend extra money on grout since it takes more grout to fill larger spaces. Doh.

I'm still in the "painting stage" and I'm attempting to do this part without Bubba even though he loves a good painting session. It's just that he ends up looking like this,


Gotta go, Bubba's wrapped the house in a painters tape spider web and if I don't get inside now I'll have to stay outside in my pajamas all day. Talk to ya soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment