Pages

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Grand Ideas.

Me, himself and Ry moved to Delaware in April of 2009 from The Fabulous Florida Keys. Now you know where Bubba gets his crazy from. My evil plan was to work in a restaurant for the summer (we live near a tourist destination and there's good money to be had) and then spend the fall and winter thrifting and building inventory for my reclaimed vintage furniture business. Which I would then unleash on the world in the spring of 2010 to wide acclaim and accolades making me a millionaire. Or at least a thousandaire. Of course that plan was interrupted. So after the summer gig was over, I took a job as the manger of a year round restaurant. I had what I thought was a great schedule. Weekends off, 3 nights, 2 days. Got to spend time with Bubba and thought I would get to go out to dinner with Ry once in a while. Hahaha. Turns out, when someone pays you a "salary" they actually expect that you'll work 22 days in the space of 5. I was EXHAUSTED. All day playing monster trucks and then all night at the restaurant and then 4-5 hours of sleep before I heard the roar of monster truck engines in the morning. I was too tired to do anything more than I had to. Which meant that the only furniture work getting done was in my sleep deprived brain. Let me tell you though, I designed some pretty cool furniture up there. My best idea was to smash all the monster trucks and glue their little pieces to table legs. Bet you've never seen anything like that. I told Bubba that plan and he nixed it. Probably a good thing. So I finally got fed up and quit. No, I had no alternative source of income. Yes, we have bills to pay. No, I'm not sure how we're going to do that. But the monster trucks now have an arena and we're about to build the snack bar. And that little beauty in the photo is getting my attention. Gotta go, Bubba's having trouble with the table saw. See ya soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment