Pages

Saturday, July 10, 2010

What do we have here...


I have a little white shed. It sits right out my back door. When we moved here, I dreamed of turning it into a studio, but it was already filled with other peoples junk so we just put our junk in there too. A few weeks ago I got Ry to help me pull everything out. The whole time he's saying "I can't believe you have so much crap, I can't believe we fit this much crap in this little shed." And I kept saying "It's not crap!" So we pulled it all out, found some cool stuff and put my "not crap" back in there in a more organized manner. I was able to empty the laundry room in the house of all kinds of tools since I now have an organized space to keep them. I've already turned the tall gun cabinet (see it right there with the 2 drawers at the top?) into a coat and shoe rack for my house. And if you look closely you'll see the wicker table I'm working on between interruptions. On the left is a so ugly it's beautiful chair that I'll get my hands on soon. 
While the shed doesn't qualify as my dream studio, yet, it does give me space to store my "not crap" so I can pull out a piece at a time to work on. And while Anderson Cooper says "Hope is not a Plan", I do consider this my little Hope Shed. As in I hope I can get some of this crap redone so I can prove that it's not crap. 

No comments:

Post a Comment